Do It Yourself Basement Waterproofing
We Keep the Water Out!
UNIQUE-PATENT-PENDING SYSTEM! Repairs Badly Deteriorated Concrete, Internally Waterproofs, Eliminates Moisture Vapor Drive and Radon at the Same Time Due to unique technical breakthroughs in polymer chemistry, a complete, permanent indoor basement waterproofing system is both available and affordable for the home owner or commercial property owner! With SANI-TRED installed, the only way water or radon can enter your basement is through the windows or down the stairs. Period! SANI-TRED is the only indoor waterproofing system that completely seals any basement permanently, no matter how wet or deteriorated. SANI-TRED adds permanent value increase to any home with it's lifetime warranty. SANI-TRED's Flexible Penetration Technology™ has set a complete new benchmark of standards for dependability and proven results unmatched by any other materials in the waterproofing industry, anywhere! Due to these and other unique qualities such as Elongation Memory Technology® no other products or system even comes close to SANI-TRED's record of success and performance in the field of negative hydrostatic pressure waterproofing. SANI-TRED systems do not weaken with age, unlike other waterproofing products, but actually strengthens over time with higher qualities because of it's unique polymer chemistry of Permanent Elongation™.
Step by Step Basement Waterproofing:
The following steps will show you How to Waterproof a Basement with Sani-Tred.
Products Needed: PermaFlex, LRB (Liquid Rubber Base) and TAV (Thickening Activator)
- The first thing you would do is prepare the substrate. Meaning remove any loose crumbly substrate, make sure the substrate is clean, dry, free of any previous applied products, and foreign matter.
This page explains and demonstrates how PermaFlex permanently adheres to concrete.
- Prime the substrate with PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal). Cement block surfaces need 2 prime coats of PermaFlex.
- Patch and profile any joints, seams, cracks, holes and rough areas using LRB/TAV mixture (Liquid Rubber Base, Thickening Activator). 2-parts LRB is mixed with 1-part TAV. LRB can be used by itself (as a liquid membrane) to smooth out a rough floor. Wall/floor junctions require a 1” diameter bead of LRB/TAV mixture and most cracks use a 3/4" diameter bead.
LRB/TAV “Round Caulk Bead Chart”
|Primed Then Patched
- Topcoat using PermaFlex (240 sq ft per gal).
Poured concrete basements need a total of 2 coats PermaFlex; walls and floors. Concrete block walls need a total of 3 coats PermaFlex because blocked walls are extremely porous. Once the Sani-Tred products have been applied, water, moisture or vapor can never enter the basement. PermaFlex can be brushed, rolled or even sprayed! Sani-Tred products also eliminate problem radon.
|Poured Concrete Basement
Try Before You Buy. Give Sani-Tred a Try and Order our Sample Packs
which come with an Unconditional Money Back Guarantee of Satisfaction.
Instant Basement Waterproofing Cost Calculator
To calculate the cost of waterproofing your basement with Sani-Tred waterproofing products, please go to our Automatic Basement Waterproofing Cost Calculator page and input your basement wall type, basement lenght, basement width and basement wall height.
Some Happy SANI-TRED Customers
(see our references section for more)
"I purchased your product two years ago and have been completely satisfied. After ten years of frustration and being told nothing could be done I now have a dry basement. This past year we had a surplus of 30 inches of rain with downpours of four to five inches at times. Sani-Tred passed the field test with no leaks at all. I would recommend this product to anyone with a leaking basement."
Randy D. Faulkner
"Five years ago our basement was more of a swimming pool then a useable basement. The walls were fieldstone with mortar. The floor was cracked in so many places that after it rained the water came up like springs! First, we primed all the walls and floors with Permaflex. We used "Sani-Tred LRB and TAV " to re-mortar the stones, as well as at the intersections of the walls, floors, and floor cracks. After doing this, we painted the walls and floor crack repairs with a final coat of "Permaflex". For the last five years we have not had any water and it is now usable living space with furniture. Your products are very amazing. Your instructions and the ease of installing are plain and simple. At this time, I am going to coat the inside of an aluminum fishing boat to eliminate water seepage around the rivets. Thank you, for these amazing products."
"We live in the Seattle area in a house originally built in 1913. The underground basement has always leaked or had at least some seepage during heavy rains. Because of the age of the house and surrounding landscaping, exterior foundation waterproofing via digging up the property was neither feasible or desirable. We decided to try Sanitred and have been VERY PLEASED with the results. The product was SO EASY to use - my husband and I installed two coats and the LRB in one day on the entire basement area we wanted covered. The instructions were clear and simple and we had no trouble with the product. Everything was cured in a few days - even in the spots where we applied the product very heavily. Two weeks ago the Seattle area experienced severe rains that broke 100-year-old records - but our basement stayed DRY!!! We were thrilled. Thanks to Sanitred, we are looking forward to finishing out the basement and nearly doubling the living space in this house - something that has NEVER been done in the history of the house. What a great product - it does what it says it will do!
Melody and Daniel Derrick
Hello. My name is Todd Brannan and I ordered the basement waterproofing system a few months ago and followed the directions exactly as described. A month after installing the system we received 8 inches of snow and after a rapid snow melt, overnight, and 3 and a half inches rain following that my basement is bone dry, it would of been a mess as usual with out sanitred. Statistics say only 20% of the do it yourselfers succeed at waterproofing there own basement, if everyone used sanitred that would go up to about 95%. I knew after the first coat of prime and bead dried this stuff was gonna work. I really enjoyed putting something on that I knew was going to work the first time. Thanks sanitred , now I'm setting things on the basement floor I could have never put there before. Good Product.
"I have just finished my first basement job using Sani Tred and LRB. !!! WOW! This job was the worst case scenario, stone walls over 50 years old, deteriorating etc. After the first rain I found your product to perform over and above expectations! Thank you for Sani Tred."
Randy C. Graham President, Construction, Management, Maintenance & Inspections.
"Thank you Diane for the information. I have a few gallons of Permaflex left over from our recent basement project. I will use a portion of it to prime the wood in this project. Your products are phenomenal. We are very pleased with the results in our basement flooring."
"Hello Mr. Emerick...as I type I have 3 fellows fixing that job from hell with your wonderful product. The scraping and sanding has taken 7 hours as we need to ensure that no more of the powder coating is going to come adrift and float the Permaflex away in the future. I will keep you updated with hopefully rave revues for us Canadians to read on your web. The tank manufactures are standing behind their guarantee which is great.....2 of the workers today are theirs. First rave revue....your shipping took less than a week...all in unfreezable- delivery fashion. From your sauna to our igloo....impressive."
Whom it may concern,
I ordered your product and used on a basement of one of my houses. I repulsed "Isabel" with no problem. I am interested in being a distributor as we discussed.
I have been in the trades for several years except for 4 years as a stock broker. I am presently buying houses for re-habing and I am also looking for another business and this is one that seems like it could be very lucrative here in the Cleveland area. I also own a 4000 sq ft building that I would like to sell your product and also some other specialty products out of.
My name is Dan Taylor and I have been a reference for your product a long time. I would like you to remove me from your list immediately. No issue with the product just can't keep up with the emails and phone calls. Sorry for the inconvenience. thanks!
|Stone / Mortar Basement Waterproofing
SANI-TRED Indoor Basement Waterproofing Advantages:
- SANI-TRED indoor basement waterproofing permanently seals all seams, cracks, holes and joints in walls, floors, floor joints and wall-to floor cold joint which is impossible to seal or waterproof from the outside of the basement or foundation.
- May be performed at any time during or after construction. May be applied on new or existing homes.
- SANI-TRED indoor basement waterproofing may be installed year round day or night.
- Allows immediate back filling, no need for exterior foundation coating inspection or other treatments due to being a technical upgrade over exterior systems due to SANI-TRED’s ability to hold back negative hydrostatic pressure.
- Eliminates the need of a plastic vapor barrier which is usually non-effective due to tearing and improper termination of ends and seams any way.
- SANI-TRED eliminates Moisture Vapor Drive in concrete slabs which detaches floor coatings, tiles, and ruins carpets.
- Eliminates all humidity, moisture, water (dripping and/or flowing) from ever entering the basement.
- Eliminates Radon Gas from entering from a concrete slab, basement or foundation of the building.
- SANI-TRED’s non-toxic materials eliminate the need to vacate the building during installation.
- A Permanent system that does not rely on sump pumps, drain systems, or electricity to remove water.
- Maintenance-free, requires no upkeep or refurbishment to last the life of the structure.
- SANI-TRED does not attract insects and vermin or provide a place to hide or material to eat.
- Non-flammable as a liquid or solid cured product.
- Eliminates all basement mold, mildew and fungus in basements or crawl spaces.
- Eliminates all musty odors caused by mold, mildew and fungus in basements or crawl spaces.
- Prevents future foundation settling by eliminating erosion of undisturbed soil from under the foundation footing.
- Reduces water pollution by eliminating sump pump ground water from entering the sanitary sewer system in some cities which require basement water to be plumbed into a sanitary sewer.
- Prevents future foundation and basement floor cracking by eliminating water flow under the concrete.
- Requires no special tools to install and is less expensive than any other method of foundation water proofing.
- Provides a decorative finish to floors and walls which would normally be bare concrete or unfinished masonry surfaces.
- Provides more useful living space in other wise unlivable areas.
- Provides durable easy to clean, sanitary surfaces to normally impossible to clean concrete or masonry surfaces.
- Improves the value and salability of the home or building.
- Improves air quality by eliminating allergens such as mold, mildew and fungus spores.
Why Use Sani-Tred Waterproofing Products
Until the invention of SANI-TRED, permanently waterproofing a basement entirely from the interior of the basement to prevent water from entering from the outside was thought impossible. The fact that SANI-TRED products have the unique ability to permanently retain negative hydrostatic pressure can be considered an issue of controversy only to those who choose to remain uninformed.
NOTE: For all interior basement waterproofing installations, where retaining negative hydrostatic pressure is required, it is critical that all "scrim coatings", old paints, sealers, waterproofing agents etc, must be removed to allow SANI-TRED products to penetrate and bond to the original concrete surfaces.
Wet basements are limited in their use for living space. Waterproofing basements indoors with SANI-TRED products eliminates basement mold, fungus, mildew, musty odors, dampness, condensation, and all other basement problems caused by humidity. Poured concrete walls, concrete block, native stone, even treated wood foundations are permanently and effectively waterproofed with the SANI-TRED system, allowing previously unusable basements to be finished and used for prime living space.
Basement flooding is permanently eliminated with our do-it-yourself basement waterproofing system. Read on to understand why the only way to waterproof a basement is on the inside of the basement walls, not the outside. Don't take a chance on temporary exterior systems which can eventually fail and damage valuable basement finishing materials.
Leaking occurs in residential basements because concrete basements are poured in three separate pours in this order:
- Foundation Footing
- Foundation Walls
- Basement Floor slab
New concrete that is poured next to cured concrete will not bond new-to-old, and forms distinct gaps or cracks between these poured surfaces called "cold joints." These cold joints are unavoidable in basement construction.
One of the standard techniques for basement waterproofing is to coat the outside of the walls to try to prevent water from entering the basement. Read on to see why some in the waterproofing industry have accepted the inevitability of wet or damp basements.
Low grade by-products such as tar or asphalt are routinely applied on the outside of basement walls, on the "positive pressure side" to try to prevent water from entering the basement walls from the outside. The main reason coatings such as these are installed on the outside of the basement walls is that until the invention of SANI-TRED no coatings have been able to remain intact when subjected to negative hydrostatic pressure if installed on the inside of the basement. Also, little if any concrete surface preparation is required, if tar-like products are installed on the outside, the positive pressure side.
The labor and price advantages makes obsolete types of systems very popular, simple and cheap to install by basic laborers that simply "slop on the tar", and highly profitable for the "waterproofing" company. Exterior coatings, however, are seldom effective for more than a few months to protect the walls, and they can never seal the interior wall-to-floor joint, and water can percolate under the footing and up through the unsealed joints.
Is there any wonder why so many water-proofing contractors are reluctant to give up the old ways and old technology regardless of the reality that exterior waterproof coatings and systems don't work and have never worked to eliminate ground water in basements! These systems only attempt to reduce inflow. The the greatest irony is that the proponents of these types of exterior systems are the most critical of SANI-TRED's interior system. You can't blame them; their own exterior installation methods are obsolete and they now have to re-evaluate everything they have thought to be true in the past!
Photos of Typical "Crystalline Technology" "Waterproofing Products"
These types of cement based products are a huge problem because it costs approximately 4 times the original product cost to remove them and decontaminate the concrete due to routine failure. Do not attempt to use these types of products for basement waterproofing as they are only designed for temporary flow reduction at best!
Read More in the "Basement Waterproofing" Section: