Elongation Memory®, Flexible Penetration® and Permanent Elongation®
Retains Negative Hydrostatic Pressure
University Of Wisconsin Milwaukee Lab Testing
We are happy to announce that in a University of Wisconsin Lab Testing Sani-Tred's PermaFlex (with 3 coats on concrete) has passed an unprecedented vacuum testing 29” Hg for 110 hours.
This is a perfect score and could not be any better for interior basement waterproofing!
With a proven 99% effectiveness at eliminating radon and a perfect score of 29" Hg for 110
hours no other product or system in the world is as effective as
SANI-TRED FOR ELIMINATING PROBLEM RADON LEVELS.
Three unique properties allow SANI-TRED products to retain negative hydrostatic pressure unlike any other products in the world; Flexible Penetration ® technology, Elongation Memory ® technology and Permanent Elongation .®
SANI-TRED PermaFlex™, (liquid rubber primer and top coating), penetrates deeply into the pores of the substrate (foundation building material), and produces tiny solid rubber sealing plugs due to Flexible Penetration®. These tiny plugs or sealing tentacles in each and every pore or small crack in the substrate holds back and retains ground water pressure before it has a chance to push it off, en masse, as with other types of coatings. These sealing tentacles work like tiny, high pressure, hydraulic o-rings and on one of the main qualities that allow SANI-TRED can to hold back great unprecedented and extreme negative hydrostatic pressure without failure!
Elongation Memory ®technology ensures that when SANI-TRED products are compressed and relaxed, they maintain their original shape and size preventing distortion of their original shape and size which is a major cause of release of coatings from powerful forces such as freeze/thaw cycles, water or gas pressure, vibration and sudden shock.
Permanent Elongation® provides that SANI-TRED products never harden or become brittle; they maintain flexibility and become stronger with age without breaking down as other coatings do. SANI-TRED PermaFlex deep penetrates and strengthens weak concrete or mortar joints which prevent detachment from these types of weak substrates as other coatings are known to do.
PermaFlex is a single component, high solids, environmentally safe, liquid applied, hybrid polyurethane protective coating.
PermaFlex is an anti-corrosion & waterproofing coating that can be used either indoors or outdoors. PermaFlex will bond permanently to properly prepare concrete, wood, aluminum, steel, and some plastics, as well as most all other standard building materials.
PermaFlex will never bubble, chip, peel, crack, or delaminate from vehicle traffic, exposure to extremes of ambient heat up to 250°F cold, or Negative Hydrostatic Pressure.
- Gallons Pails
- 5 Gallon Pails
- 53 Gallon Drums
- 250 Gallon Totes
- Light Tan
- Light Grey
- Custom Colors Available (100 gallons, 379 liters or more)
- 2,600 psi tensile strength
- 590% elongation
- Moisture vapor drive retention exceeds 30 psi
- Exceeds all ASTM vacuum testing - maintains 29” Hg for 110 hours with zero leak
- Volume Solids 92.2%
- Coverage of 240 sq. ft. per Gallon
- Viscosity 75°F 5000 ± 900 CPOIS
- Shelf Life – 2 Years
- Temperature range -15° to 250°F
- Tack Free 4 Hours @ normal temperatures
- Non-flammable, non-combustible
- Non-hazardous, non-toxic, solvent free, low VOC, and low odor
- Will cure tack free in 4 hours or less at normal temperatures (70°F)
- Will cure tack free overnight at -15°F
- Highly abrasive resistant
- Bonds to itself, new-to-old, with proper surface preparation
- Permanently withstands negative hydrostatic pressure
- Permanently withstands moisture vapor drive
- Resistant to most oils, solvents, caustics & acids
- Can be brushed, rolled or sprayed
- Easily sanitized
- May be subjected to extreme cold during shipping, handling & storage without ill effects
- Completely Water-Proof not “Water Resistant”
Sani-Tred representatives are available to assist you in selecting an appropriate product, to provide application instructions or safety precautions. For further assistance call our technology service department at 1-866-784-3308. Refer to MSDS for safety precautions.